Posts tagged qr codes
Posts tagged qr codes
Life is social. More so now than ever, what we do, where we are and whom we are with are deemed as events to share with our friends. We post what we’re doing as our Facebook status, we tag posts with where we are and who we are with and we use location services to let people know where we are tweeting from.
So, we thought, what about if someone scans you ScanMe code - how can you share this with your friends? And being the social people that we are we thought we’d better make it easy for you!
That is why we developed a way for you to share your scans and connections in one click, straight from our homepage. Our new release of the ScanMe homepage sees a small “share” icon next to your status. This button allows you to post that scan to your Twitter feed or Facebook page, sharing your connection with your friends and followers whilst at the same time increasing your scan points if they then choose to scan your ScanMe barcode!
We will be releasing new features over the coming weeks to make ScanMe more social, so keep up to date with us by liking our Facebook Page or following us on Twitter! And don’t forget to say hi – we love hearing from you!
One question that we’re commonly asked by ScanMe users is how they can connect their scan page to their Facebook Business Page, or to their own website. It’s really simple, so here’s how you do it!
Log in to your ScanMe account and click on “Scan Page”
From there click on the “Custom” tab and enter what you would like the “Custom Link” button to say, and the URL you would like it to link to.
The text will appear on the custom button at the bottom of your scan page and will link to the URL you have entered. Easy!
Once signed up to ScanMe you can use your QR Code in a variety of different ways; and as changing the information that is shown when your QR Code is so simple, a whole range of options are available to you. Here are some unique ways you can use your ScanMe QR code.
- Impress a girl/guy – What better way to give a potential date your contact details than by getting them to scan your ScanMe code? Link your ScanMe barcode to your Facebook profile, your email address or even your phone number and put away the pen and paper!
- Make new friends – Met up with some really good people at a gig or in a bar? Simply get them to scan your ScanMe code and they can follow you on Twitter, connect with you on Facebook or grab your phone number quickly and easily.
- Bag new business customers – You are at a networking meeting, where everyone is giving out business cards; what better way to make yourself memorable than by getting your new contacts to scan your ScanMe barcode rather than giving them a piece of card? Simply make sure your business website, email address & LinkedIn profile are active and away you go!
- Get a new job! – A QR Code is a great way to grab the attention of a potential employer. Especially if you work in IT or digital media, including your ScanMe Code on your CV will show that you are aware of technological advances and bang up to date where the future of social networking is heading!
The BBC has made a unique move of including QR Codes in its new cookery programme ‘The Good Cook’. ‘The Good Cook’ is a cookery series featuring award-winning food writer Simon Hopkinson. Broadcast on Wednesdays at 7.30pm, this will be many people’s first introduction to QR Codes.
But, how are the BBC using QR Codes in ‘The Good Cook’? The answer is simple, and solves a problem for eager cooks hastily trying to jot down ingredients at the end of each recipe – the QR Code links to a mobile page featuring the recipe, cooking method and tips for the dish just shown. Furthermore, the BBC has created an online binder that allows users to save the recipe to an online collection of dishes from the show.
For cookery programme lovers and keen cooks, this step in to the world of QR Codes will be eye-opening for many, but also a great time saver – wit no need to look up recipes online or try to find a pen and paper! We think it’s a really great idea!
QR Codes can hold a great amount of information – and can direct the person who scans the code to nearly any website the code owner chooses. And whilst some QR Codes can be limiting, only ever being able to link to one website, ScanMe QR Codes are designed with our users in mind; meaning that the user can change the information displayed when the code is scanned nearly instantaneously.
ScanMe QR Codes vary from many other codes that are available; we give our users a unique control panel that enables them to choose which social media profiles are available to the scanner, and even which website their Scan Page links to.
By using a ScanMe QR Code it is possible to turn on your Facebook profile in a bar, LinkedIn profile at a conference and ensure that your blog or personal website is available at all times! All your connections then need to do is scan your ScanMe code with their smartphone and choose to connect with you; and all you need to do is decide whether or not to accept their connections requests!
ScanMe QR Codes give you complete control; control over what people see when they scan your code, and then control over whom you connect with on your social media profile. For complete flexibility and control over your QR Code, you should always choose ScanMe.com.
ScanMe QR codes are the perfect way to connect the people you meet in the real world to your social media profiles. Whether you are at a business conference and want to make connections to your LinkedIn account, or on a night out and wanting to link up on Facebook, a ScanMe QR code is the easiest way to make these connections.
The first thing you need to do is make sure you have your ScanMe code - you can get this quickly and easily by visiting Scanme.com and signing up through your Facebook profile. This will take a couple of minutes and is absolutely free! Once you have created your ScanMe code you can save the image to your phone, have it printed on a cool t-shirt or business card, or think of another imaginative way to use it - if you do this be sure to let us know!
Now you have your code available all you need to do to connect the people you meet in the real world to your social media profiles is make sure the person you want to connect with has a QR reader on their phone (these are readily available for free through the links on the ScanMe homepage) and then get them to scan your QR code.
This will take them directly to your Scan page where they can instantly connect to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or any other website you choose. All in the click of a button! The great thing about your ScanMe code is the ability you have to easily change where your QR code links to; meaning you can change whether you want people to connect to your Facebook or LinkedIn profile with the flick of a switch.
Make sure you stay connected to the people you meet, by getting your unique ScanMe code, today!
QR codes are being used an increasing amount by marketing and advertising agencies, so people are becoming more and more aware of what QR codes are and how they are used. But how can QR codes be used by the rest of us?
QR codes, or quick response codes, are seen as irrelevant for most people, but with the right knowledge there are many ways that QR codes can be used and introduced in to every day life to enable people to connect and share information easier than ever before.
Here are some ideas of how you can use QR Codes:
- Social Media - Using QR codes either as your social media avatar, or profile picture, is a great way to use a QR code. As you can direct and control where your QR codes link to, this is an innovative way to promote your business, direct people to your website or encourage your connections to connect with you elsewhere online. This is a quirky and interesting way to stand out from the crowd!
- Connect Cards - Whether you are in business or meeting people socially, connect cards (or business cards) with your QR code printed on to them, are an ideal way to make instant online connections with the people you meet in the real world.
- Interactive fashion - It is possible to use what you wear to enable people to connect with you on social media, to get your phone number, or to contact you via email. Interactive fashion in the form of items such as t-shirts with your personal QR code embedded in the design, mean that if you meet someone you want to make a connection with, then you can do so simply by them scanning your tee!
- Swap details - QR codes are the ideal way to swap connection details with people that you meet. Whether you want to exchange email addresses, social media details, phone numbers or website addresses, a QR code will allow you to do so with a simple scan.
No matter what you do, or where you go, QR Codes allow you to make instant social connections with the people you meet. No more scraps of paper, lost phone numbers or trawling through search results to find your contacts. QR codes make forming relationships easier than ever before - get yours today, for free!
ScanMe makes it as easy as possible for you to create a QR Code. Creating a QR code with ScanMe is quick, easy and most of all… free! Once you have your ScanMe QR Code you can use it to make social connections, impress your colleagues or direct more traffic to your website. It’s easy!
And now you have your very own ScanMe QR Code! It really is that easy - So why not get your QR Code today?
The world we live in is changing rapidly, particularly when it comes to technological advancements. It can all be a little overwhelming, but there’s really no need to panic! One of the latest pieces of technology to hit the news is QR Codes. If you don’t know what a QR Code is then there’s no need to worry – we’re here to help!
A QR Code is a black and white pixilated image, which can be scanned by a Smartphone then enabling the scanner to view specified information. The person who creates the QR Code can choose where the code links the scanner to; whether it’s a social media site, a website or an email address.
These QR Codes can then be used in a variety of different ways; many businesses are using them for marketing purposes, business people are using them on business cards to stand out from the crowd and social media savvy folk are using them as their profile picture. However, we think that everyone can benefit from using QR Codes!
ScanMe is the perfect QR Code application for people who want to be up-to-date with this technology, and want to remain in control of their QR Code at all times. ScanMe generates a unique QR Code for its users, but then the user can change the information shown when these QR Codes are scanned quickly and easily just by logging in to their control panel.
ScanMe has a vision of people being able to make instant connections through the use of QR Codes; we believe you shouldn’t have to spend your precious time searching through social media sites for people you have met, or scrawling your email address on pieces of paper for business associates. Instead, ScanMe offers you a free way to make these connections instantly.
It’s free to create your ScanMe code, so join the ever-expanding number of QR Code users and get your own code today!